The PRO16 teams are our top 17U, 16U, and 15U men’s teams and are sponsored teams by the PRO16. These teams will compete in the PRO16 League, sponsored by New Balance and New Balance Basketball. These teams may also play in additional tournaments. Players that tryout for Select but do not make an PRO16 team may still have the opportunity to play on one of our OPEN teams. We typically have 12-15 OPEN teams. For more information on these teams, click here.
March 2024. More details to come.
To be notified about updates, click here.
PRO16 Tournament Schedule 2023
You can catch the Select Basketball PRO16 teams at the following tournaments. These tournaments are all PRO16 league events and will be fully draped in New Balance basketball gear! For even more details, click here.
- April 21-23, 2023 – St. Louis, MO
- April 28-30, 2023 – Wichita, KS
- May 12-14 – Meridian, ID (Northwest Premier Invitational, not a PRO16 event)
- May 26-28, 2023 – Phoenix, AZ
- July 6-9, 2023 – Houston, TX (national championship)
- July 14-16, 2023 – 17U team in Omaha, NE and 15U, 16U teams in Seal Beach, CA (non-PRO16 event)
- St. Louis – April 20-23 – Holiday Inn Express, 11 Arnage Blvd, Chesterfield, MO
- Wichita – April 27-30 – Holiday Inn Express, 4860 South Laura St, Wichita, KS
- Phoenix – May 26-28 – Holiday Inn Express, 1600 South Country Club Dr, Mesa, AZ
- Houston – July 4-10 – Hyatt Place, 300 Ronan Park, Houston, TX 77060, (281) 820-6060
- Omaha and Seal Beach
- July 14-16 – Golden Sails Hotel, 6285 E Pacific Highway, Long Beach, CA 90803, (562) 596-1631
What’s a shoe league?
Simply put, these are specific leagues that invite specific teams to participate in their events. These teams are sponsored by the league with cash and apparel.
There are four shoe leagues currently in operation: The EYBL (Nike), 3SSB (Adidas), UA Association (Under Armour), and PRO16 (New Balance). Each of these leagues feature the top players in the country and compete in a national schedule. Each league attracts college coaches from every level. Our PRO16 team regularly has 100-200 college coaches watch their games during the live periods.
Each of these shoe leagues offer sub-leagues that run events in conjunction with their main events. The sub-leagues are comparable to the best run independent tournaments such as The Hoop Circuit, Bigfoot Hoops, the Northwest Premier Invitational, and The Hoop Group.
Just like the independent tournaments, the sub-leagues do not sponsor teams or provide apparel. This is often a misconception as some teams imply they are affiliated with the top league and receive sponsorship.